Ceiling Inlets for Broilers
Chore-Time’s Attic Inlets direct the incoming air along the ceiling of the poultry house for better mixing and to prevent downdrafts on birds.
More Air Flow
- In tests, the total amount of air moved through a poultry house with attic inlets averaged 10-30% higher per day than houses with sidewall inlets only.
- The higher ventilation rate typical in houses with Chore-Time’s attic inlets leads to:
- Lower house humidity levels
- Drier litter
- Lower ammonia concentrations
- During the earliest stages of minimum ventilation, gravity-operated attic inlets open automatically when fans run. This dramatically reduces winch operation since sidewall inlets start operating later.
Higher Ventilation Rates During Cold Weather
With Chore-Time’s attic inlets, growers can maintain higher ventilation rates during cold weather without sacrificing house temperature or wasting fuel. Additionally, birds are provided with a better mix of air.
Fuel savings associated with the use of attic inlets may vary from 5 to 35% depending on house management, house construction and climate.
360° Airflow Insulated TopJet Attic Inlet
- 360° design delivers tempered air all around the inlet during the early stages of minimum ventilation.
- Fully insulated to minimize heat loss and sweating, especially in cold environments. Soft rubber edge gives a tight seal when unit is closed.
- Counterweighted inlet has an adjustable weight that lets user determine at what static pressure the inlet will open. Can also be locked shut without using blades.
- Operate manually or connect multiple inlets to a cable that is connected to Chore-Time’s LINEAR-LIFT™ Winch and CHORE‑TRONICS® 3 Control.
- The control signals the winch when desired static pressure has been reached and the inlets open.
- When fans shut off, the inlets immediately close and the winch pulls them tight.
- Removable bottom lid for easy cleaning and installation.
Gravity-Operated TopJet Attic Inlet
- Supplements house sidewall inlets to provide an automatic supply of tempered air during the early stages of minimum ventilation, without a winch.
- The inlets mix warm tempered air from the attic with house air along the ceiling — better for birds and more energy-efficient than bringing in cold, untempered air through sidewall inlets.
- Remote Closure Kit allows gravity operation in the “open” position or units may be locked in the “closed” position.
- To lock or unlock units in groups, connect multiple inlets to a cable that is connected to Chore-Time’s LINEAR-LIFT™ Winch and CHORE-TRONICS® 3 Control.
- Simple assembly requires no tools; simply snap three sides together, insert bottom channel and snap fourth side in place to complete inlet. Remote closure kit requires only a drill and simple hand tools.
Photos & Videos